July 18, 2009

We are all free, nonexistent, without beginning and end. Bubbles of air, drops of water, grains of sand. Who am I? Who are you? Take a microscope and still you won’t find the answer. But in that ocean, cloud, in that desert of sand, nobody stands alone, separate. There are no quarrels or misunderstandings. This if we step out of our tiny little shell for a moment and look around. Or turn inward and take a look at our hearts. We will discover that someone has tried to pull our leg- nothing is as it seems, nowhere is the person we call “I”.

4 comments:

  1. Who am I? The question without answer.

    I had a thought the other day. Perhaps of all living things, the amoeba is the most enlightened. You can cut an amoeba in half, and both parts will regrow cells walls, and the part without a nucleus will create a nucleus from scratch. But the amoeba hasn't reproduced, because both halves are the same as the original. Every part of it "knows" the whole, but then maybe it isn't enlightened because it doesn't "know" it knows. Ok, I'm confusing myself now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful expression of non-separation from all that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ruminate over this tonight Hille.

    Thank you for such beautiful thoughts. "I" and I understand!

    Much Metta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Hillie!! Thanks for the wonderful reminder.... :)

    ReplyDelete