April 26, 2011

Music with a message...


has always been my favourite kind of music, even though of course at the end of the day music IS the message, I guess I'm a sucker for an extra punch-line (or maybe its just being a sort of a natural born hippie :)). Luckily there have been so many artists through history who have given us this gift of inspiration and wanting to make a difference. From the Beatles to the Rage Against the Machine, from Bob Marley to Faithless, from Bob Dylan to spiritual music as a genre the list is endless, in every genre there are prophets through sound, teachers via lyrics. 
So just sharing a couple of beautiful lyrical messages that have made me smile recently. 











2 comments:

  1. Finally got round to listening to this... first and last were both new to me, and I think I really like the last one! ... even though I'm not sure of all it means, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first video is not available in the USA, but the others were powerful and inspiring. Like you, I am fond of music with a message in the lyrics and/or instrumental pieces that take me on a mental/spiritual journey. I also enjoy music that is mindless fun to me (songs like - 'Doo Wah Diddy', 'Can't Touch This', and 'Wanna Be Starting Something') or can get me dancing. In essence, I enjoy music with both my mind, heart, and body.

    We Love Music!

    Excellent Post Hille! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete