April 12, 2011

April lessons



As an April child myself I find my soul at home in this particular month. Always living on the border. Sometimes silent and at peace, sometimes aggressive and in passion, but always, always, no matter what- pushing forth with an almost violent force towards life. One foot in the nothingness of winter, the other in the fullness of summer. Not there, not there, here... Here- on the crossroads, in April... here- where death and birth intertwine, here where it gets stormy at times...

Energy and smiles waking up from a periodic slumber...
Trees breathing blossoms in the moody weather...
Is it cold? Is it warm? We wear summer jackets and catch a cold.
April just like hope are dangerous creatures
But the trees keep blossoming, they care not...

Here where the confusion is great, here in April- I feel at home, at home in the April storms. Yet the trees care not. The trees silently, without a quarrel, follow the steady, unencumbered rebirth, they slowly and surely reach out every branch to the warming sun and they flower, they crave life as I do but they never waver, no matter the weather.

So I am learning from the trees...


10 comments:

  1. Very nice thoughts...thanks for sharing. Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Hille! It's great 'hearing' from you. I hope you keep it coming.

    I like your reflections on April. It is a seasonal crossroads, and because of that sometimes lost in the shuffle as most spring and summer lovers eagerly anticipate May and the months ahead.

    I love the phrase 'Yet the trees care not'. There is more in that phrase than meets the eye.

    Yes, we can learn from them!

    By the way, is that a photo of your neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fred, and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely thoughts, Hille! It's wonderful to hear from you. I'm glad to hear that you're learning from the trees and writing as beautifully as ever. :)
    Much Metta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dear, yes- my favourite street this month just around the corner, walk back and forth and greet every tree as a friend by now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much metta Carrie, always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice look at the 'hood! (((smiles)))

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog:)

    Did I miss your birthday? I've been away on holiday, so if I did, happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks okei, hope you had a lovely holiday! Always nice to "see" you!

    ReplyDelete