August 19, 2009

Free-falling


The most profound quote that I have ever read has to be Joseph Campbell's "We're in a free-fall into future. We don't know where we're going. Things are changing so fast, and always when you're going through a long tunnel, anxiety comes along. And all you have to do to transform your hell into a paradise is to turn your fall into a voluntary act. It's a very interesting shift of perspective and that's all it is... joyful participation in the sorrows and everything changes."
The first time I read it I felt a shock of electricity go through my body, I read it again and again and I knew- yes, these are the words that I have been waiting for all my life.

Years have passed and now it seems that this quote has been living a life of its own within me.

Not only do I find myself freely falling into my own feelings, emotions, hardships, and sorrows, but also I find much has started to fall away from within me and from my life. Nothing is planned, but everything seems to be fluid. I seem to need less and less and the surplus just slides down my sides and disappears as if I was on a strange type of a diet.


Today I went for the ultimate free-fall. Something that I have wanted to do for a long time- a bungee jump.
Standing high up, blood rushing, I knew this was the perfect moment to live the truth- let it go. Let go of everything. All your fears, all the tomorrows and yesterdays, yourself, the ground, the all. Nothing remains but the moment. The moment alone half way up in the sky. All you can do is raise your arms in surrender and let go. It was the most beautiful moment in my life. I have never felt a feeling of pure, undiluted freedom, like I did in those moments.



We do not have to wait for experiences of extreme sport to fall freely and turn our hell into a heaven. We can do it every single moment, in every single Now. Let it all go. Life, death, yourself. And heaven will be there within you.









4 comments:

  1. A beautiful and exhilarating post, Hille! You are living your dream because you have allowed yourself to free fall - both physically and spiritually. It must be an exciting adventure to be you. :o)
    Much metta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Hille! I am a huge fan of Joseph Campbell, but this quote total went under my radar. I feel it, love it too! The accompanying graphic and musical performance fits together so well. It all speaks to me!

    Another synchronicity shared is the fact that this morning I was working on a blog, and I had what seemed like the perfect photo and text but wanted a song with "LET GO" as the theme and title and couldn't think of one, so I postponed it until I can think of another way to present it.

    Your undiluted moment of freedom sounds like pure bliss Hille. I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carrie and Markus! Much undiluted Metta to both of you and once again- happy birthday Markus! Hope those synchronicities keep coming, they are SOO amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this on my mobile when I was abroad, but couldn't respond... to say how much I appreciated your sharing the special moment, and the beautiful message that effected you so profoundly. Thank you! May the angels fly with you in your journeys.

    The bungee-jump itself reminded me a lot of the tennis player Justine Henin-Hardenne who was the best in the world for a time and I was a big fan of her. She surprised everyone by her hobby to go bungee-jumping in her holidays when everyone thought she should be putting her feet up, relaxing and having a little less adrenaline in her life. :^)

    ReplyDelete