May 28, 2010

Strength and courage to be oneself


"In order for us to liberate the energy of our strength, our weakness must first have a chance to reveal itself"

~Paolo Coelho "The Witch of Portobello"

Just one of the books I read on my trip by Coelho and as always found myself very much inspired. Coelho has a wonderful talent for that. His writing is simple, symbolic, yet its the simplicity that works the best for his oh-how-important message... Be yourself, always follow your heart, never stop dreaming or having faith in your dreams. Have the courage to be a true individual, find your own song and dance, your inner joy- only thus can you help others who are suffering. 

In many cases in order to find oneself and live from one's source it is necessary to go against the grain, against good public opinion, against the norms of the society, against the wishes of one's family... Risking the loss of loved ones by doing so. How many of us have the courage? Yet if I think of the reward- discovering ones Divinity, Joy, Power, understanding the very reason we chose to be born into this life and live, really Live- with passion and truth and love, thus inspiring others! Isn't that worth even the deepest loss in an everyday sense?

3 comments:

  1. Sound inspired and inspiring! I will put this on my list.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Hille. I just bookmarked it and plan to order it at amazon.com.

    Many thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Guess which book by Coelho I read a few months back...? Yep, ... absolutely.

    I've even been thinking I'd like to re-read it because it's so packed with ideas. It was a bit disjointed as a work of fiction, it was a bit of jarring, but it was so full of good stuff... also the ending makes you want to go back and read it all again, lol. So I hope to get the opportunity to do so soon.

    To be really true to yourself.... hmmm.... thanks for the reminder, and the beautiful expression of it.

    ReplyDelete