April 10, 2010

My non-vows of spiritual living


Life is my Guru.
I surrender to it with love and with trust and follow it with joyful participation wherever it might lead me. Through fire and storms, in sickness and in health. In darkness and in light.
Death too won't part us.
Life gently nudges the small me thus, to see who I am, to see that it is the real me in fact who is the guru for life.

Pain and Awareness are my secondary teachers.
I surrender to pain too whenever it finds a blindness in me ready to be pointed out. Diving into it I will obediently look where I'm told to look, straight in the face of every fear and every blockage. Suffering never tries to lead me on, compliment me or keep me at a stand-still, relentlessly and loyally it pushes up blind-spots and illusions to the blistering day-light, transforming all with the help of understanding. Awareness itself seems not enough with deeper scars and mutilations of the mind. Pain is the added energy to cut through the blocks that have grown there for years.

Love is my Reason.
Life IS love. There isn't an ounce of energy in action not propelled by love. Why do the birds sing, why does the Universe multiply and (and we here too ;)), why do we keep at it though no reason is apparent and through all the suffering if not for love of ourselves, love of existence, love of our inner essence. Yes, life is love and we are but dancers to its sweet tune.

And at the end of the day, when the songs have been sung, and the daily lessons taken, I go home to Silence.
The chords are varied and innumerable yet their return is always inevitable. The knowledge of the sweet bosom of the Void is glimpsed at every pause and actualized at every homecoming. In moments of solitude, of silent being, of total rest, I am complete.

I know that there is fear and desire and feel those at times, for we are human beings and gravity does have its rules.  I will play because there is all the time in the world, so enough to play too, to risk it, to feel blood and excitement and adrenalin coursing through the body. There is nothing wrong with playing, it is the natural state. The trick is to always remain in the present moment so that you do not desire your games nor fear their ending.  I will not be shackled by fear unless it is pointing to a lesson that I have already learned. For in reality- what is there to be afraid of?


And saying even this little, I know that too much has been said. Too many concepts still.
No need for concepts, opinions, religions, vows. Truth is silent. No peace is greater than the peace of "I don't know".

All the paths are the right paths.

Blessings to all!




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, eloquent and deeply moving. Thanks for another treasure from my dear friend, Hille. :o)

    Love and Peace,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hille! I know I enjoyed this ;-) Best always and always be happy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Hillie.. thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete